Helping your aging loved one can be very difficult and stressful. In a difficult time, you may have some of the following questions:
- Where will my loved one get the right care?
- How will my loved one get the right care without losing their home and life savings?
- How will Medicaid or VA benefits help pay for care?
- How can I be sure my loved one is getting the right care?
- Where can I turn to for help in winding my way through this difficult system?
We created our Life Care Planning team to assist you with all of these questions and more. Life Care Planning is an integral part of our holistic Elder Law practice. For some Elder Law attorneys, their practice consists primarily of asset protection in the face of nursing home expenses. Our Life Care Planning practice, however, does much more than merely protecting the family’s assets. Life Care Planning recognizes that you and your family need help navigating the long-term care maze. When you or your loved one is facing imminent long-term care, dementia or other age-related concerns, our Life Care Planning practice combines asset protection, estate planning and care coordination to answer all of you and your family’s concerns. With a Life Care Plan, you receive the right care sooner, maximum independence for as long as possible, and the ability to age with dignity. Your family gets help finding the right care and services; guidance with legal, health care and long-term care decisions; and peace of mind that comes with knowing you are secure.